Lily and I took the Airstream 165 miles to Portland for the month long upgrade project that will be done by Ultimate Airstreams. It was a glorious PNW rainy day and the drive down was a soggy uneventful experience. The goal is to make RV living as self sufficient as possible. So, she will spend 30 days getting the following upgrades installed:
- 600 watts of Solar (6 roof mounted panels)
- 6 Lithium Ion Batteries (600 amp hours total, enough to run the AC/heat pump on battery)
- WeBoost 5G Cellular Signal Booster (for streaming my Netflix and HBO shows)
- Victron 3000 watt inverter (to power a lot of things simultaneously)
- Splendide Washer/Dryer combo (no laundromats for me thanks)
- MaxxFan Deluxe remote controlled roof vent (to keep the fresh air flowing)
- Several new USB-C outlets
- Slow close toilet seat (because why not LOL)
On the drive down we stopped at a Washington State rest area for a quick break.
As I was leaving Ultimate, my neighbors called to let me know that my house had been broken into. I asked them to help me out with a big delivery that I was going to miss. When they unlocked and opened my front door to throw in the boxes, they caught the burglars in progress. Fortunately, they had only been inside the house a few minutes before they were interrupted. Unfortunately, they escaped out the window they shattered and ran away.
About 6 Seattle Police Officers arrived and entered my house with guns drawn.
My RING camera and another neighbor in the RING community caught videos of them walking around my house and another house nearby. Hopefully the Seattle PD is able to use the data to make an arrest.
So, message received and understood, I will beef up my current security system before heading out on my Airstream Adventures.